25:1 God spoke to Moses:2 “Tell the Israelites that they are to set aside offerings for me. Receive the offerings from everyone who is willing to give.3 These are the offerings I want you to receive from them: gold, silver, bronze;4 blue, purple, and scarlet material; fine linen; goats’ hair;5 tanned rams’ skins; dolphin skins; acacia wood;6 lamp oil; spices for anointing oils and for fragrant incense;7 onyx stones and other stones for setting in the Ephod and the Breastpiece.8 Let them construct a Sanctuary for me so that I can live among them. 9 You are to construct it following the plans I’ve given you, the design for The Dwelling and the design for all its furnishings. ...... 22 I will meet you there at set times and speak with you from above the Atonement-Cover and from between the angel-figures that are on it, speaking the commands that I have for the Israelites.
29:19 "Take the other ram, and Aaron and his sons shall lay their hands on its head.20 Slaughter it, take some of its blood and put it on the lobes of the right ears of Aaron and his sons, on the thumbs of their right hands, and on the big toes of their right feet. Then splash blood against the sides of the altar.21 And take some blood from the altar and some of the anointing oil and sprinkle it on Aaron and his garments and on his sons and their garments. Then he and his sons and their garments will be consecrated. ............. 38 "This is what you are to offer on the altar regularly each day: two lambs a year old.39 Offer one in the morning and the other at twilight.40 With the first lamb offer a tenth of an ephaht of the finest flour mixed with a quarter of a hint of oil from pressed olives, and a quarter of a hin of wine as a drink offering.41 Sacrifice the other lamb at twilight with the same grain offering and its drink offering as in the morning—a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the Lord. 42 "For the generations to come this burnt offering is to be made regularly at the entrance to the tent of meeting, before the Lord. There I will meet you and speak to you;43 there also I will meet with the Israelites, and the place will be consecrated by my glory. 44 "So I will consecrate the tent of meeting and the altar and will consecrate Aaron and his sons to serve me as priests.45 Then I will dwell among the Israelites and be their God.46 They will know that I am theLord their God, who brought them out of Egypt so that I might dwell among them. I am the Lord their God.
Observations - God was very specific in His instructions to the Israelites on how to make everything from the Ark of the Covenant to the entire Tabernacle to the priests garments. And it was all to be done by skilled artisans. Perfect. Another first thought is that I would really like to do Beth Moore's Tabernacle study. (I know. Another Beth Moore. Yes!)
The consecration of the priest was disgusting. I know it's supposed to be a beautiful sign of God's plan, but all I can think is "All that blood SPLASHED everywhere!" And then sacrificing 2 perfect lambs every day!? Not to mention the special separate sacrifices they had to make. That is a lot. Jesus took that all upon Himself at the cross. He is truly our Sacrificial Lamb. What a loving God that He would sacrifice His Son so that we would be saved? Taking all of our sins upon Himself, so that we don't have to take the punishment. Wow.
God talks often about doing this so they won't die. Consecrate them, anoint them, burn incense, sacrifice, burn lamp stands, all so those who come into the tabernacle won't die. How vile must we be to Him, when we don't honor Him & give Him glory? How wretched was it when those who came later, defiled the temple? This was His alter! Where the sacrifices are made.
Application - We are His temple, now. We are free to come before His alter to speak to Him. Jesus tore the veil to set us free! We are so much less worthy than Aaron & Moses. They were able to follow God's instructions to the detail. I can't help but think how lax we are in following His plan for us. Yet Jesus was our sacrifice, so that we might come into the temple to talk with God, without benefit of a priest. He is our sacrifice so that we may reign with Him for eternity. We are a priestly kingdom!!!
Prayer - Dear God, please be with me & help me to remember Your sacrifice for me. Help me to treat You with the praise, honor, and glory You deserve for drawing me into Your kingdom. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment