Scriptures - Leviticus 1-13 (The Message)
Observations - Well, this is really hard to read. That's why I changed to The Message. It was still hard. There were very specific rules regarding every kind of sacrifice, every kind of animal they were allowed to eat, what made people clean & unclean. So many rules!! I can see how the Pharisees became so legalistic by the time Jesus came. Of course, they had added their own rules to these, which wasn't allowed. This would be so hard for the people to keep up over generations & generations! I will probably not do a SOAP over the next section in Leviticus, unless something really strikes me. I am so grateful for Jesus' sacrifice, so we aren't bound by these laws any more.
Application - I need to realize just how massive Jesus' sacrifice was. It wasn't just for my sin, it was the ultimate offering to God! The Israelites had to give sin offerings, harvest offerings, absolution offerings, purification offerings, praise offerings. And they had to be perfect, without blemish. Jesus was our perfect sacrifice for all of it. All sin for all time. His sacrifice allowed us to come to God, without going through the priests. His sacrifice allowed those who were "unclean" or blemished to be accepted & have access to God. Thank you Jesus!
Prayer - Thank You Jesus for Your perfect sacrifice. Thank You God for providing Your Son as a sacrifice for us, so that we may come to You and bring Your Word to all people! Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment