Isn't that what everything is? Trial & error? Raising kids is like that. Cooking. Crafting. Life. I'm glad to have the Bible as my guide as I make my errors & go through trials. I know that we haven't done everything right as parents, or as people, for that matter. I do know that we strive to be more like Christ every day, which gets us closer to doing it right. Sometimes our trials are of our own making, sometimes they are forced upon us by someone else's choices, and sometimes we go through trials specifically to make us stronger for God's glory. In the end, that's what it's about. Trials, whether of our own making, someone else's, or God saying "Not now" to a prayer, we need to work our way through them in a way that God will be glorified through it!
As my family is in the midst of our latest trial, I cling to a verse from 1 Peter. I like how it's worded in the Message: 1 Peter 4:12-13, 19 "12 Friends, when life gets really difficult, don't jump to the conclusion that God isn't on the job.13 Instead, be glad that you are in the very thick of what Christ experienced. This is a spiritual refining process, with glory just around the corner. ..... 19 So if you find life difficult because you're doing what God said, take it in stride. Trust him. He knows what he's doing, and he'll keep on doing it."
So for my friends facing trials & errors today, take refuge in God! It is for His glory that we are tried, and for our refinement that we make errors. Just keep swimming, to quote my favorite ditzy fish, and lean on God to carry you to the end.
And I am going to to my best to be more faithful in my postings. It will still be called Reflections in Soap, which you can google & get here, which I thought was cool, but I'll also be posting crafty stuff, kid stuff, and my spiritual musings, as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment