Tuesday, April 12, 2011
SOAP #24 - A Revelation
Scripture - Ephesians 1:11-12
11 In Him we also were made [God’s] heritage (portion) and we obtained an inheritance; for we had been foreordained (chosen and appointed beforehand) in accordance with His purpose, Who works out everything in agreement with the counsel and design of His [own] will,12 So that we who first hoped in Christ [who first put our confidence in Him have been destined and appointed to] live for the praise of His glory!
Observation, Application, Prayer
Ok, so God has been talking to me about obedience & trusting Him for about 3 months now with my SOAPs. And we are at that point in Breaking Free. And I started this new book, and finished it, called The Organized Heart. And it's basically about obedience and giving everything over to God, even your time. So I prayed that this morning when I woke up, that God would help me use my time today to be productive for Him.
Well now we're still having issues with Bryce. So I just prayed to God. My words: "God, I entrust Bryce to You. I can't do anything else." Isn't that what I'm supposed to do when they are born???? Could this have been a trial to bring me closer to Him? I'm thinking so. All I can do now, is trust Bryce to God. He is always in control. It reminds me of a line from Jurassic Park, which Joshy & I have seen 1000s of times: "You never HAD control!! That's the illusion!" That's what the world wants us to think, that we have control. We don't. We never did. It was always God!! God works everything out for our good, according to His perfect will, for those who follow Him. EVERYTHING IS FOR OUR GOOD!!! We may not see that good until we are in heaven, but it is for His glory, not ours!!
Amen!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment