Saturday, October 6, 2012

Digital Scrapbooking

Well today marks my first real foray into the world of digital scrapbooking.  I have a ton of papers & embellishments I've been saving on my computer for a couple of years.  Not as many as I have of physical scrapbook supplies, but a lot.  So far most everything I've gotten has been free, but I decided this week to try out the paid stuff on DSE.  They offer templates, tutorials, and bulk downloads of all their free pieces, of which I have several.  So far most of the tutorials have been pretty basic stuff about how to navigate Photoshop Elements.  I jumped straight in, found a template I thought would work, and got started. I used the pics from my kids' most recent photo shoot.  I already had some coordinating papers, it just took me a while to find the right files, then I brought down the opacity some.

The template made the layout pretty easy, but I still had to resize & crop some of the pictures. I never did figure out how to get a different paper onto the dark gray circle!!  If anyone knows how, please tell me!  Luckily, the color scheme of the pictures was gray with a pop of blue, so it worked.

I just don't have the time, or privacy, I need to scrapbook much anymore!  By the time I drag everything out, it's time to put it up, or leave wherever I've gone to work on it.  I'm hoping digital is the answer, at least for now!




No comments:

Post a Comment