Monday, January 10, 2011

SOAP #1 - All Powerful

I have chosen a chronological reading plan for the year.  This was yesterday's reading.

Scripture - Genesis 1-3

Observations - God is and always has been in control.  He is all-powerful, all-knowing, all-encompassing.  He is the divine creator of all things.  ALL things.  I'm not sure where I stand on the whole "age of the earth" debate, but I do know that evolution isn't a fact. It's a theory, and it's being proven more & more not a very good one. Do I believe that we can develop traits for survival?  Yes.  But that doesn't make us a new species, does it?
God made us in His image.  We are made to be sinless & perfect.  That perfection isn't complete until death, now, thanks to the sin of Adam & Eve.  We are also made to be with each other, man & woman.  We complete each other.  Maybe old-fashioned?  But it's true.  Our strengths compliment the others' weakness.  I think this is true of families, too.  After the fall, God promised that life would be hard.

Applications - God promised that life would be hard for us.  Why should we expect it to be easy & full of only happiness & wealth?  That is childish thinking.   Life is hard.  Relationships are hard.  Parenting is hard.  However, any hardship God hands us, He also hands us an equal measure of grace to deal with it.  The key is to depend on Him for that grace & strength.  
I am to complete my husband.  Fulfill him as he fulfills me.  I need to look for things I can do to honor this.  I also need to know what I believe & be able to defend it.  Apologetics here I come!

Prayer - Dear God, please help me to see where I can defend & protect my faith.  Help me to see where I can complete Danny & be the best wife & mother You intended me to be.  Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Well said-- I fear that my role as a wife takes a back burner many times to my role as a mother and my work. My husband makes me whole and I only hope I do the same for him. God brought us together and gave us three great kids for a reason, ... Lord help me set aside my own agenda and pay attention to my husband's needs, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so hard sometimes to focus on that. I'm trying to set aside time each week or month for just us. Danny keeps saying that we will have time after the kids are grown, but we really need to take time to nurture that relationship always. :)

    ReplyDelete